Friday, October 17, 2014

Weekend Wrap-Up

It's Friday ya'll! Bring on the weekend! Tonight and tomorrow morning we have a membership class for our church [no, it's not a slumber party, but how awesome (and weird) would that be?!]. Then tomorrow afternoon and evening we're hittin' up Nickelodeon Universe at the MOA with a couple friends! I am super psyched since my love for amusement parks is up there on the list with my love for my husband, sleep, and food. [in that order].

Sundays around here are automatically football afternoons during the fall, which means I get a couple hours to spend time with my hubby, nap, and eat [hey! see how that works out with my favorite things?? No rollercoasters though...bummer].

So that's what I've got planned for the weekend... along with a couple things we need to do like set up our new printer and get going on the name change process as well as order thank yous for our wedding. Cheers to the weekend! Here's some inspiration for you!

Truth to Rest In

//via

Isaiah 46:4 - ” I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.”

Slow Cooker Cinnamon Almonds


1 1/2 C. Sugar 
1 1/2 C. Brown Sugar 
3 Tbsp. Cinnamon 
1/8 tsp. Salt 
1 Egg White 
2 tsp. Vanilla 
3 Cups Almonds 
1/4 C. Water
[Here for recipe directions and cook time]

Cute Seasonal DIY

I love these little stumps turned candle holders... especially with the added gold touch. We had similar candle holders at a our wedding... thanks to a wonderful friend! :)

//via

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend... resting in the truth that God sustains you, and maybe even trying out the recipe or DIY if you're weekend isn't looking quite as busy as mine [but let's be real... life is NEVER too busy for delicious slow clooker recipes!].

5 comments:

  1. I just looked at the recipe and the author of the blog said she would reduce the amount of sugar the next time. If I were doing these, I'd try 3/4 cup of each sugar rather than the full amount. Schmear it all around, and if it doesn't look coated enough, try adding just 1/4 cup of each sugar to the mixture and schmear a bit more. Too much of a good thing can be a bad thing (just sometimes...not true for love, prayer, or chocolate).

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I offer some advice about the almonds? I recommend using the oven instead of the crock pot - spread them out on a cookie sheet and bake at 225° for one hour, stirring them up every 15 minutes. They turn out drier and less chewy. I've been doing this with pecans since 2004.

    Love all of your blog posts you've been putting up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And yes, I've done the crock pot method and didn't like it as much as the oven.

      Delete
  3. I agree with Rebecca about the almonds. I made the crock pot ones last year and I like the drier crispiness of the oven ones. And Pam is right, less sugar works! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Heather....... I'm reading this again this morning (Sunday) while I wait for Papa to get ready for church. Ya know, fluffing his hair...... :) :). How do you like your Mama, your Aunt and your Nana all telling you how to do your almonds??????? :) You probably better check with Brian's mom, too!!!! :) However you do the almonds.....ENJOY! Love from Nana

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...