Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Holidaze

You guys! I love love love with a big fat hug the holiday season!!! I have been practicing my self-control and resisting posting about the holidays yet, but since it is officially Halloween week I'm allowing myself.

Ahhh... where to start?? Holidays may be one of my favorite things! And I'm pretty sure they're even more favorite now that I'm married. You see, I'm a bit of a major nostalgic and now that I get to start creating traditions with my little family of my hubby and I [that will someday hopefully be a bigger family] really just rocks my socks off.

//via
[Disclaimer: This is the scariest thing you will ever see on my blog. I thought it was kinda clever.]

So, Friday is Halloween, yes? Well, contrary to everything I just said, I really don't like Halloween. I am not a scary movie, creepy costume, or eerie music kinda gal. And thankfully, neither is the Mr. So, although we aren't too excited about this holiday, we are excited to start a tradition.

We've decided that making a blanket fort (more epic than the last), getting some take-out (chinese, perhaps?), and watching a non-horror movie sounds pretty wonderful to us. Maybe we'll even sip some hot apple cider as a nod to fall and stuff our faces with candy in honor of the day.

//via

So, to start off what I'm sure will be a plethora of posts on the holidays, let me share with you 5 things I am oh-so-excited about for the next couple months:

1. Making caramel corn. We have an amazing family recipe... I'll definitely be back with that!

2. Decorating my very own house with my very own Christmas decorations [yes, I am already buying Christmas decor... so what?!].

3. Making Christmas ornaments... ornaments can be expensive and we own one. So... I think I'll be making some this year and then hopefully hitting up the stores after Christmas for the discounted decor!

4. Driving around and looking at the lights. I have loved doing this ever since I was a little kid. Granted, nowadays it's probably more about looking at the pretty houses, but the pretty lights don't hurt either. ;)

5. Christmas cookies! There's no need to say anything else.

What about the holiday season excites you? Do you have any plans for this Friday (even if it is just staying in and snuggling up with a good movie)?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...