Wednesday, January 27, 2016

5 Killer U.S. Travel Destinations

I have two strong gut reactions when I think of all the places I want to travel—1. Excitement! I can't wait to see the world! and 2. Sadness. I know I'll never make it to all of them. (Being a realist definitely has its ups and downs.) But whether it be time, or money, or most likely both, the reality is there just isn't enough to do everything. So I narrowed it down to 5 places that I want to travel in the U.S., hopefully in the next 5–10 years. Baby steps, yes?

After narrowing it down to the 5 places I want to visit the very most, I noticed that there's a nice combo of city and nature, with a little bit of child-like fun thrown in—the perfect mix, in my book! So here it is... my list of 5 U.S. destinations I'd love (insert heart eyes emoji here) to visit.

1. Seattle, WA

//via

I've been told by multiple people on multiple different occasions that Seattle is my city. Apparently I'd love all the sights and sounds. Apparently the quirk is just right and the food happens to abound in the seafood-variety and it just screams me. So how can I not want to go, right?? This one is a must, and I have plenty of pins on my "explore" board to prove it. Let's go!

2. New York City


//via

I've been to NYC a few times, but once was when I was a kid and couldn't fully appreciate everything, and the other two times were on mission trips where we went and helped out with summer VBS-type programs and did homeless outreach. So not super tourist-y. But holy moly do I love everything about this city! I love the lights and the buildings and the people and the noise. I love the food and the shopping and the transportation. Now don't get me wrong, I would go crazy living there, but to visit for a week? Count me in! 

3. Redwood Forests, California


//via

I've also been to the Redwood Forests, but also when I was a young child and just have a foggy dream-like memory of it. I remember being amazed by the huge trees, and ever since whenever I see photos I want to go back. Plus, it's California... sooooo, can you really go wrong? I think this would make a perfect pairing with the Seattle trip, but only if there was sufficient time for both.

4. Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming


//via

In college I took a class called "Geology of Our National Parks." At the time, it was my sneaky way of trying to take the least-science-y science classes, but it actually turned out to be a pretty sweet class. After a semester of getting a virtual tour of many of our National Parks and all the wonders they hold, I can't help but want to see them! And Yellowstone is just one of the classics. 

5. Universal Studios, Orlando, FL


//via

I've never been to Disney World or Land or any other iconic child-hood place, so when the Wizarding World of Harry Potter opened, I knew that I had to go. I love Harry Potter, and I love theme parks. Win-win. Universal Studios kind of seems like the more adult version of Disney World, which is A-okay with me. This could be a fun one to do with kids someday, but it might also be a fun place for Loverboy and I to explore by ourselves. Or with friends! Any takers? 


What's on your U.S. travel list? Stay tuned for an international list!

8 comments:

  1. Well, these are great, but I see a great American city missing from your list! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe... so true! I didn't say these are ALL the places I want to travel! :)

      Delete
  2. Well, you actually went to Disneyland when you were in the womb...does that count?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm.... I don't know that that counts. Plus, you could just be making that up. Do you have any pictures to prove it??

      Delete
    2. I'm sure no fun was had at Disneyland by the one living in the womb!

      Delete
  3. We are considering Seattle for our 25th anniversary trip later this year. I'm checking out your pinterest ideas! At first, we were looking at a beach vacation, but Richard is so not enjoying his swimming lessons; I don't think I can subject him to a week of water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! If you go you will have to give me a full report of everything you did! At least with Seattle you still get the seafood, even if it isn't the beach experience. ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...