Thursday, March 3, 2016

Interior Inspiration: Southwest Vibes

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7

It's been awhile since there's been an Interior Inspiration around here! So as I did a quick scroll through my home board on Pinterest, I started to see a theme emerging from the images I've pinned recently... there are definitely some strong Southwest vibes going on! From patterns to plant life, textiles to colors, I've definitely been digging aspects of the Southwestern style lately. There's obviously some other styles thrown into the mix, but then again, when have I ever been one to choose just one style. 

So what's so appealing about the Southwestern style? To me, it's the beautiful mix of natural tones and bright colors, the rich variety of textures, the fun geometric patterns, and the combination of so many great materials, from leather and wool, to ceramics and natural woods. What's not to love? But I think my very favorite thing about the Southwestern style is that there seems to be a very mix-n-match quality about it. The more patterns and textures, the better! 

What about you? Are you a fan of the Southwestern style, or is it not for you?


7 comments:

  1. I like Southwest - and you could certainly make it look great.... whatever you do looks great! For our "decor", I'm kinda stuck in a "Traditional Carver look" with 55 years of stuff mingled together to make our home comfortable for us.

    Rebecca and Richard are coming today, so I'm gonna have Rebecca help me to Comment as: Elaine Carver....... Just can't picture Gary Carver commenting on your blog!!!! Have a happy Thursday! Love, Nana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your "Traditional Carver look!" Out of anyone in my family, I got my decorating interests from you! :)

      And yes, I was surprised to see that Gary Carver had commented! HAHA!

      Delete
    2. Whew! I feel like myself again.

      Delete
    3. Hello Elaine! Looks like Papa is still your photo though. ;)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this conversation with Gary and Elaine Carver. Poor Dad...he's saying things he'd never say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this conversation with Gary and Elaine Carver. Poor Dad...he's saying things he'd never say.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...