Friday, November 13, 2015

Weekend Wrap-Up


//via

Happy Friday, folks! This graphic pretty much sums up how I'm feeling right now. Sun is shining, gourmet pizza for lunch, and just a few hours out from the weekend.

This weekend is looking like it will be the perfect mix of social, relaxing, and productive. We'll be visiting some art studios, having coffee with new friends, and going to an old friend's housewarming party. We will also be picking up our new (to us) car at the dealership tomorrow (cuz, that one time), working on a mailing that we'll be sending out soon (keep your eyes on your mailboxes!), and meeting with BASE to plan a purity conference. Good stuff.

This past week I found a few things on the internet to be extra helpful... drumroll, please...

This blogpost on adopting first has really impacted me this week and reiterates a lot of the thoughts that Loverboy and I have had on this topic.

Although not super pretty, this graphic from the UN is super helpful in understanding what makes up trafficking:
And last but not least, this recipe for Sausage & Apple Stuffed Acorn Squash not only looks amazing, but I have had it recommended to me by two ladies that I work with. Needless to say, I may have a couple acorn squash sitting on my kitchen counter ready and waiting!

5 comments:

  1. We're going out for an errand and I am adding acorn squash to my list of things to buy! The recipe looks divine!!! I'll let ya know what we think! :) By the way, we NEED to know what kind of car you bought..... that was Papa's first question!!! If you lived nearby he would polish everything under the hood for you --- yeah, I said under the hood... he does outer and under areas!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got a black 2012 Honda Civic. Same exact as my parents... just fewer miles and different color! :)

      It needed to get re-waxed so we found it last Saturday but are going to finalize everything tomorrow. Papa could swing on by to shine 'er up, don't you think? :)

      Delete
  2. I made the acorn squash recipe this morning for a dinner meeting for tonight. It's at the point to baking the last 20 minutes. Stuffing part tastes scrumptious. This might show up on our Thanksgiving table this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it looks like we'll both be eating the same thing tonight because that's our dinner plans!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...