Thursday, July 17, 2014

Thrift Store Finds & Pretty Plants to Boot!

I am one happy girl! Today marks one year of choosing to live life and see if we want to do it permanently (btw, we did, on March 29, when he put a ring on it) with Loverboy. So this morning I went out to my car and what do I find? That sweet man snuck a box of plants as well as a cute tape dispenser and photo of us that I could spruce up my office with. I've been thinking about getting some plants or decor of some sort to make my little cubicle more homey and that boy's been listening!

I also went to Savers today and scored this great mid-century side table for $5! So I was feeling pretty inspired by all this new fun-ness and had to do something about it!


The mug that I put the cactus in was $1 from Salvation Army... the handle creates a heart with the etched in design on the mug. Plus who can resist white and mint??


My sweet friend Kate gave me this print, which is really a card, for my bridal shower! I picked up a frame from the dollar store (score!) and threw 'er in!


Both the Pride and Prejudice and Pies and Cakes books were from a 10 books for $2 sale at Goodwill a couple weeks ago. Not only are they pretty, but they are also practical! I got the gold polka-dot journal for a few bucks at TJ Maxx a couple years ago.


All these plants go so well together... and I'm super excited to finally own my first succulent! Now hopefully I don't kill it. :)


I hope you're inspired to make some space in your home beautiful. Maybe you even need a little more green in your life!

2 comments:

  1. IMPOSSIBLE to kill a succulent. seriously. Sydney gave me one once because she knew I wouldn't kill it. It is thriving so much that I mistakenly thought I had a green thumb and attempted to grow some tomatoes...which are now all super dead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahaha Caitlin! That's great! And good to know. You have definitely removed any trepidation I was feeling going in to being the mama of these lovely guys. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...