Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Springs of Life


I want springs, rivers, oceans of life to flow from my heart. But to be honest, I haven't been real vigilant with my heart lately. I haven't been filling it with what it needs for life to be flowing out of it. I haven't been guarding it against apathy, busyness, and distractions. 

Jesus is life. Spending intimate time with Him and in His Word is what will cause these springs, rivers, and oceans to flow. It's what will make me a loving friend, roommate, co-worker, fiance, and child of God. It's what will grow in me peace and patience and self-control. It's what will create in me a deeper thirst for more of Him.

It just isn't cutting it to get convicted by a sermon I hear on a Sunday or a cutesy Bible verse I see on Pinterest. I need to have a vital, continuous love relationship with Jesus. I need to be VIGILANT to keep my heart. To guard my heart. The NIV states it this way—

"Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it."

Everything I do flows from the state of my heart. So if I'm not filling my heart with beautiful Truth, then what's going to flow out? I don't want to stick around in this non-vigilance to find out, because one thing I know, is that without Jesus, things get down-right ugly. Can I get an 'amen?'

//image via etsy

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...