Thursday, July 21, 2011

Confession

I have a confession.
I'm really bad at managing my time. But in the last 24 hours I may have become obsessed with organization and time management. I just never knew it could be this fun! It all started when I stumbled across this little beut:


{click for printable version}



Be still, my heart.


So, after my breathing finally returned to normal, my brain started working. And I decided that it was about time that I had a Life Binder. Yup. I think I just made that up.


So here's the deal. I can be REALLY good at wasting time. Like, trophy-winning good. Yet I desire to give my time fully to the Lord and let Him shape it into what He wants it to look like. I want to use the time He has given me learning and growing and loving. I want to be productive and faithful to the responsibilities He has entrusted to me, while still having time to seek Him and love others. And it just so happens that He has wired my brain in a way that works really well with little lists like the one above. There's just something inside of me that says "yes!" to lists and jumps with joy when those lists are pretty.


Enter the Life Binder. The culmination of lists, recipes, charts, notes, goals, and everything important that can be put on paper. Where creativity and productivity collide. The thing that just might start my school year off right, so maybe I'll have one less time-wasting trophy in the case. Or maybe I'm just being idealistic. But hey! It's been fun to make, and there's always the off-chance it will stick. So, have I wetted your appetite to see what's inside this baby? Perfect. Come back in a few days. :)

3 comments:

  1. Heather! You are related to your Aunt Rebecca, for sure! A little of me, too, but a LOT of Aunt Rebecca! I can't wait to see this "beaut" in person...and I will bring along another little organizational book I think you'll love...about scheduling your important priorities and people into your calendar so it's not just a busy week, but a successful week! (Which is what you're going for, I know!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man, when I was reading this post I thought to myself that I would have to reply and tell Heather that she was like her Aunt Rebecca. Then I saw Pam (mom's) reply and smiled to myself knowingly.... thinking that I'm not the only one who thinks this way!!!! Love you! Nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, everyone, I MISSED this post back when it was done, and I missed everyone's thinking of me (I was wondering why my ears have been ringing! - ha!) so I hunted it down when Heather referred to the daily planner in lieu of the weekly one she shared.

    Woo-wee! I like 'em both! Just printed them off, and you *know* I'll be playing with them (and our school year calendar) during the 7-hour drive we have tomorrow. I'm so happy that I have two strong men willing to drive the whole way!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...