Saturday, July 23, 2011

Life Binder



Happy Saturday!  So on Thursday I shared a lovely little organizational tool. And I told you all about the Life Binder. So here's the promised post showing you how I did it and what's inside. Let's get started. I'm just going to tell you how I did mine, but obviously if you were to make one you can adapt it to whatever you need to help you keep your life organized. Here are the different categories I used:
  • Every Day
  • God
  • Time Management
  • Finances
  • Fitness
  • Organization
  • Random
  • Recipes
All set up in the cool air-conditioned lounge. Paper, sharpies, cutting utensils, computer for inspiration, water for hydration, friends for company= 4 hours of lovely crafting!

For each section I used a divider ($0.98 for 5 at Wal-Mart) and went to town on it. I used scrapbooking paper, sharpies, and quotes printed from the internet to decorate mine, but you could use whatever you like! And, like I said, I went to town. So mine is all very random and just whatever I was feeling, so if you are more of a type "A" personality with your organization, you could always color coordinate and make all your tabs the same, etc. However I'm more of an organized clutter kinda gal.
In my "Every Day" section I printed off a bunch of the daily sheets,  2 to a page and front to back so that 4 are on one page.
In my "God" section, there are multiple resources. I put scriptures, tips for inductive Bible study, questions for the first couple chapter of John, and other random printouts I have from church, Navs, etc. You could even use this space for journaling or recording prayers or doing a Bible Study you print out. However, all that stuff is in my journal and elsewhere for me.
You can find schedules galore in my "Time Management" section. I have my class schedule for next semester, schedules for VYC this summer, as well as my weekly calendar.
My "Financial" section is filled with charts waiting to be filled out. Mine are pretty simple- "date, what purchased, store, and amount."
In my "Fitness" section I have put a couple different exercises and workouts to try as well as lists and printouts of healthy foods, snacks, etc. I plan on making a workout log as well.
My "Organization" section contains a couple printouts of organizational tips. One that I especially like that has helped me purge my room a bit, which you can find here.
Everyone needs a "Random" section for those pieces of paper that you just really want to keep but that don't really fit anywhere else!
I don't have any recipes in my "Recipes" section yet, however I do have a cool kitchen conversions chart as well as grocery lists.
So here's the whole thing, tabs and all! I'm considering making a couple more categories, just for fun! I also need to make the cover as well.

2 comments:

  1. cute! It's like scrapbooking and organization all rolled into one...definitely up my alley! My books are all over the place...of course I have my Franklin Covey planner, and then I also have my Holiday Journal, prayer journal, Bible study notes, Christmas journal (that's a cool one that has gift lists for past reference and current year planning, card lists, and fun craft ideas stuck into a pocket), and my all-purpose Super Mom Notebook that's a 4" binder with everything I like related to Momming. Hmmm...I don't see it on the shelf. I wonder what I did with it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! And my 4" binder full of recipes (if you need a source for sheet protectors with different size pockets, check out a sports card store...my hubby helped me with that one!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...