Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Four Months

After three months of doing these monthly marriage posts, I have to say, they've accidentally become somewhat of a tradition and something that I look forward to every month. Taking a moment to look back on the previous 30 days to remember and be grateful. It's kinda nice.

So this fourth month of marriage started out with a night's stay at a B&B in Stillwater, MN. Which was sooooo wonderful and came at the perfect time right as Loverboy and I were both feeling a lot of job stress. We have been strongly encouraged by multiple different people to take a little getaway 2–4 times a year... just some time for the two of us to be intentional, reconnect, get away from all the hubbub of life, and work on our marriage.

This first trip was pretty chill and we didn't have a ton of super intense marriage building time, but just to get away and have fun together was so great. We stayed at the Ann Bean Mansion, dined at Marx Fusion Bistro, and got a private tour at the Warden's House Museum. We highly recommend all of those experiences! Also, I am officially dubbing these getaways as #keepthelovealive weekends. Just because hashtags are #ridiculous, but I still #lovethem.


Ann Bean Mansion

Marx Fusion Bistro



Warden's House Museum Tour

Other highlights included a small group Christmas party, finally getting my name put on our Wells Fargo account, tons of Christmas celebrations, a fancy dinner with friends, lots of good family time (especially with some sibs), the beginning of what I hope to be a decluttering trend for the year, an epic date night at Dave & Busters, trivia with the neighbor, and quite a few new recipes.

This was a pretty sweet month of lots of time together, learning how to spend lots of time together without getting on each other's nerves (ha!), dreaming of the future and asking God how he wants to use us, and learning more about communication and openness. All good things. Not all easy, but definitely good. :)

I love you hubs and am so grateful for another month together. You've got my heart, boi.

2 comments:

  1. Found your blog through the Peony Project and guess what? I'm from Minneapolis too! The hubs and I live in Iowa now for work and where we went to college but hope to move back to the Twin Cities soon(ish). Also Stillwater is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hi! :) That's awesome! I wish you still lived in Minneapolis... I am trying to find some bloggers to connect to here that are like-minded.... but I think I was the first to put my name under MN in the Peony Project! Crazy! You will definitely have to let me know if you move back. Thanks for stopping by! What do you do in Iowa?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...