Thursday, May 31, 2012

Edge Summit: Drinking from a Fire Hydrant


Edge Corp Summit number one is complete but the fun has only just begun!

Because I had to ask several times today what day it is, it’s hard to believe all that has happened in the last two weeks.  I graduated college, took a road trip to Colorado and had a life-changing week at my first Edge Corps Summit Training. 

Oh boy has God rocked my little world in the last couple of weeks. I had major doubts that I was meant to be at Summit with over 70 new Edge Corps staff.  
(P.S. I am going to mention now that this is the largest staff The Navigators has had yet! …yeah so cool).

(A couple of key themes that ran thought my head): 
-I haven’t walked with the Lord that long, why do they want me here?
-I have not thought, talked or prayed like many of them.
-I have a hard time communicating, period. 
-I am not ready like they are.  
-Maybe this is too far outside my comfort zone.

Talk about a major panic attack and the biggest urge to run, run far far away.

Oh but God is good and more than patient.  He wasn’t about to let me go running 
(except up the sides of a couple mountain trails during free time), 
but He did walk me through many of my fears. 

I was meant to be there.  And He blessed me.  From the Bible studies, seminars on trusting God and prayer, to the amazing friends and coaches who encouraged and listened to me all week, God has prepped me for the next step He wants me to take.

Believe me, I am still more than scared (accompanied by a pair of sweaty palms), but this isn’t about me.  I may be the only Bible someone may ever know.  How can I deny someone the opportunity just to hear about what Jesus has done for me and what He has and can do for them?



Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. 
Do no be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord 
your God will be with you wherever you go” 
Joshua 1:9


…but all your fighting men, fully armed, 
must cross over ahead of your brothers. 
You are to help your brothers until the Lord gives them rest, 
as he has done for you,and until they too have 
taken possession of the land that the 
Lord your God is giving them. –Joshua 1: 14b-15a



4 comments:

  1. Hey, Nana here.... Just thought I'd see if my post goes through for you. I read your posts every time one comes through, and I agree with your mom that it keeps us up to date on what you are doing.

    Praying for you in your enthusiasm for Christ!

    Lovins' to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ladies are a God-light in so many people's lives! Keep doing what you're doing, trust Him..he is worthy of it! {psalm 33:4} Can't wait to hear more of your adventures through all of this. xoxo -- erin

    streetlightstostars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Casey :) Just wanted to let you know, I experienced a lot of those same doubts at my first Summit... and God has taught me SO MUCH from the absolute need I had to trust that He specifically wanted ME to be used in this ministry. And I'm sure you've heard this before, but sometimes (usually all the time) that inadequacy makes the victories that much sweeter, because we know that it was purely our Lord who caused the good things :) Praying MUCH for you beautiful ladies!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...