Thursday, May 10, 2012

Content

I've been learning a lot about contentment lately. Contentment in the face of the unknown. Contentment in the face of unjust circumstances. Contentment in the face of things I have absolutely no control over. Contentment in who God has made me.

Quote by George MacDonald, taken from "Calm My Anxious Heart" by Linda Dillow, pg 45.

Friends, He so delights in us! How amazing is it that the God of the universe thought of and fashioned each of us for a plan and purpose that will bring Him glory?! It has been blowing my mind this week, the immense love that God has for me. The depth of feelings and tenderness that He has toward me. How He thinks about me constantly and takes pleasure in my love. Takes pleasure at the slightest turn of my head towards Him. 

And when I just settle into His love, I am able to be content. I am able to turn off the voices in my head, if even only for a moment, and listen only to HIS voice... 

'I love you. You are mine. I take great delight in you, child. How precious you are. Look at who you are becoming! I am so proud of you, my daughter. Follow me. Stay in my presence. I am good, and I only have your good in mind. Trust me. I love you.'

Content.


2 comments:

  1. LOVE It Heather. This is exactly what I needed to read and think about. Contentment is a constant struggle for me and I'm glad that I have such a great friend to learn about it with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thoughts about YOU from the Lord!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...