Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Dells Or Bust!

Can I just say how stinkin' excited I am for this summer?!

Yes, it will be warm, and sunny, and snow-less. But what I'm really looking forward to is spending the summer in the Wisconsin Dells with 50 college students and 6 other Nav Staff for our Summer Training Program. So, if we haven't talked lately, or you just need a little life update, you can play catch-up here:


Basically, I'll be moving to the Dells for a couple months [mid May through the end of July]. During this time I will be equipping students in discipleship and leadership training, reaching out to the many international students that come to the Dells every summer, and helping the program run smoothly. I'm not really sure what my summer will look like... except that I know that where 2 or 3 [or 50-some!] are gathered in His name, God is there. And I know that when young people gather to know Him better, He works. It's going to be hard. I'm probably going to cry on a weekly basis. But it's going to be so good!

As you can imagine I may be blogging about this from time-to-time. Especially this summer when I'm in the midst of it and have all kinds of stories to tell. So I hope you'll excuse me if I get really excited, because I just know that it is going to be a powerful summer, and I'm expecting the Holy Spirit to move in some big ways.

And maybe you'd like to join me in this adventure? Prayer is so needed! Here are some really practical things you can join with me in lifting up to our Father:

  • Affordable, clean housing for the staff (2 families, 2 single guys, and myself)
  • A place in the Dells where we can meet for big group events 
  • That I am able to reach 75% of my next year's budget for EDGE by early May since I won't be able to support raise over the summer [If you feel led to give, you can visit my staff page]

Thank you all so much for all your prayers and support. And excitement along with me! I'll make sure to keep you all updated. Until then... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...