Friday, June 15, 2012

Giving: Radical




As I have been raising support for this grand new adventure God has for KC and I, I have been learning so much about giving. We have had to study what the Bible says about giving, have heard countless God-stories of our fellow EDGErs and the experiences they are having with support raising, and have been reading books on God and finances. 

So I've been learning a lot. 

The first little tidbit I'd like to share with you is this quote from the book Radical by David Platt [a great, but difficult-to-swallow read, btw]. In his book, Platt speaks of living a radical life, not a comfortable American-dream life. A rich guy talked about selling his possessions and giving away his money in this way:


 “I WONDER AT SOME POINTS IF I’M BEING IRRESPONSIBLE OR UNWISE. BUT THEN I REALIZE THERE IS NEVER GOING TO COME A DAY WHEN I STAND BEFORE GOD AND HE LOOKS AT ME AND SAYS, ‘I WISH YOU WOULD HAVE KEPT MORE FOR YOURSELF.’ I’M CONFIDENT THAT GOD WILL TAKE CARE OF ME.”

Am I living in such a way that I am believing that God will wish I had kept more for myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...