Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Interior Inspiration: Black & White

I've really been digging black and white lately. Yeah, I know it's summer and I should be groovin' with the bright colors, or at least enjoying some nice light pastels, but there's just something so calming and peaceful about a simple black and white color palette. These photos inspire me to go a little more easy on color, and introduce more whites and neutrals, with little pops of black. 


1  //  2  //  3  //  4  //  5  //  6

I especially adore black and white in textiles—rugs, pillows, blankets, etc. Mixing and matching patterns is pretty much one of my love languages, and when you have a bunch that are all the same colors, the more the merrier! So I'm going to be keeping my eyes peeled for some more black and white... specifically pillows. 

The hubs and I are headed to Nebraska tomorrow for a loooong weekend and to celebrate Independence Day in the 4th of July capitol of the world! It will be great to see nearly all my extended fam and to enjoy some of that classic Nebraska heat. 

What are your plans for the holiday? And I'm curious... are you a fan of the black and white, or do you say bring on the color?


2 comments:

  1. So this has been a year ago already!!!! This is a perfect example of how fast time flies by. My neighbor, Tookie, LOVES black and white. Maybe we can pay her a visit when you come visit us.... ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is crazy how quickly time goes by! Oh Tookie! I suppose you're probably getting visitors right around now! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...