Thursday, February 19, 2015

Love Does.

A couple years back I read an incredible book called Love Does by Bob Goff. And even though it's been awhile, the ideas and words from that book have really stuck with me. My favorite idea that he talks about is loving inefficiently... when it isn't convenient for you. I've collected some favorite quotes from his book, but if I were you, I would go to the library, Barnes & Noble, Amazon.com, or some other place of books and get it right away! You won't regret it. Pinky promise.

“...we need to stop plotting the course and instead just land the plane on our plans to make a difference by getting to the "do" part of faith. That’s because love is never stationary. In the end, love doesn’t just keep thinking about it or keep planning for it. Simply put: love does.” 

//via

“I used to be afraid of failing at something that really mattered to me, but now I'm more afraid of succeeding at things that don't matter.” 

“I learned that faith isn’t about knowing all of the right stuff or obeying a list of rules. It’s something more, something more costly because it being present and making a sacrifice. Perhaps that’s why Jesus is sometimes called Immanuel - “God with us.” I think that’s what God had in mind, for Jesus to be present, to just be with us. It’s also what He has in mind for us when it comes to other people.”


//via

“Living a life fully engaged and full of whimsy and the kind of things that love does is something most people plan to do, but along the way they just kind of forget. Their dreams become one of those "we'll go there next time" deferrals. The sad thing is, for many there is no "next time" because passing on the chance to cross over is an overall attitude toward life rather than a single decision.” 

“Most people need love and acceptance a lot more than they need advice.” 

//via

“I used to want to fix people, but now I just want to be with them.” 

“I think God sometimes uses the completely inexplicable events in our lives to point us toward Him. We get to decide each time whether we will lean in toward what is unfolding and say yes or back away."

“Be inefficient with your love. The more in-efficient, the better. It would have been a lot more efficient for God to not send Jesus to die for us. That was very inefficient love. But so sweet and so tender.”

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful thoughts to ponder, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you read the book? I'm assuming yes since it's right up your alley, but if not you need to read it ASAP!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...