Friday, August 1, 2014

Weekend Wrap-Up: Sheep and Cowboys

Found this little treasure on a walk around my [soon-to-be] new neighborhood with a friend last night. We weren't exactly sure what was going on in the painting... a giant sheep being wrangled by cowboys?? Regardless, the colors were just too fun and inviting to not have a spontaneous mini photoshoot!


Loverboy and I are planning on having a relaxing evening-in after all the craziness of the last few days of him moving and me obviously having my hands all over the place. We are going to make this delicious sounding Shrimp & Avocado Pasta simply because an avocado got dropped during move-in and needs to be eaten... sounds like a good excuse to try out a new recipe to me! 


And lastly I'm going to leave you with this tasty little gem. Yummm. I am definitely into the whole toast/open-faced sandwhich idea. The mango, lime, & fresh moz sounds intriguing, as well as the berries, basil, & cream cheese. I'm finding that as I rise earlier to go to work that eating filling and energy-filled breakfasts is really important. Otherwise I'm tempted to eat my lunch at 10:30 or 11 and that just throws my whole day off. Lately my breakfast of choice has been oatmeal since it's cheap and quick but I'm hoping to get into a better morning rhythm once I'm hitched and in my own place. And then I will definitely be coming back to this link and checking out what fun breakfasts are in store!


Have a happy weekend everyone! Perform a random act of kindness, spend time with someone you love, or check something off that never-ending to-do list... but whatever you do, make this weekend count!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...