Thursday, August 4, 2011

Flow Blocker: Apathy

When we trust in Him we're free to say whatever needs to be said, bold to go wherever we need to go. - Ephesians 3:12

Gosh that's hard to remember. And even harder for me to live out. I know that God created me to be a fighter. To go after the things I know are right and true. To seek justice. To live with passion. To speak truth into situations. But sometimes that can be a really scary thing to do.

Because that means that I can't live under fear. And I can't live under apathy. Can I be real with you? Those are two of the biggest things I fight. Apathy hits me hard. Especially if I'm in the middle of something, if I've kind of gotten in the groove. And I think Satan tempts me with apathy because apathy is so opposite of who I'm created to be. The opposite of apathy is flow.
Flow is the mental state of operation in which a person in an activity is fully immersed in a feeling of energized focus, full involvement, and success in the process of the activity (Wikipedia).

I want flow. I want to be fully immersed, involved, energized, and focused. I know that when I am enabled through the Holy Spirit's power to have flow in my life, I am much more effective in my activities, projects, and relationships. But I cannot be experiencing flow when I am giving into apathy. Apathy blocks me from living the life I know I am supposed to be living, the life I want to be living.

So now for a little dose of truth:

Truth: I get to be whoever God says I am and walk that out however I feel God is telling me to walk that out.

Truth: I cannot live out who God says I am by walking in apathy.

Truth: In order to be who God says I am, I cannot give into apathy, instead I need to be enabled by the Holy Spirit to experience flow in my life.

You might have noticed I kind of skipped over fear. Well, that's for another day. My soul can only take so much life-changing truth at once. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...