Monday, June 6, 2011

Seeking

Seeking God is hard. I'm not very good at it, especially for specific things. My mind is wild. All the time. There's like a hundred and ten things going on in there at once. My attention span is the same length as a 5-year-old boy's in a Catholic mass. My ability to sit still is even worse. So when it comes to being still and knowing God is God, there are some issues. I like to fill the silence. I like to blabber. I like to repeat myself, if it means that I won't have to do nothing. These lyrics sum it up pretty good:
I tried to hear from Heaven
But I talked the whole time

-Addison Road, What do I Know of Holy?

 I think it might be time for a little vacation with God. Or at least some extended time to be still and rest and seek Him. At least enough time to stop talking. Stop planning. Stop being overwhelmed by the one hundred and ten things going on in my brain.
 

4 comments:

  1. Good thoughts. This might be the hardest thing to do...nothing....and to do it well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True probably one of the hardest things in our relationship to do. . is simply to listen to a God we may not see with our human eyes.. but to learn to open our spiritual eyes. To not come into his presence with our agenda, questions, worries, plans, ect .. and just receive from him. Keep pressing into it, you'll get it. One day you'll find it so easy to just "empty your mind" .. and promise it is so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks shawnie! so true. are you going to be in rochester at all this summer? id love to get together and talk! ill be visiting some... such as this next weekend! let me know hun, love you and thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And, Shawnie, if you're in Rochester this weekend, please come to our house for Micah's open house Sunday, 3-5 pm. Or, come another time if that time doesn't work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...