Sunday, December 28, 2014

Looking Back // 14 in 14

So at the beginning of the year, I posted about 14 goals, wishes, hopes, and dreams that I had for 2014. I already updated you on #1, 2, 3, 8, & 9 in my Catch-Up Post wayyyy back in February, so I thought I would update you on the rest of my 2014 hopes and wishes—the good AND the bad. We're all about transparency and authenticity around here, right?!

//via
The Good
#4. Try a recipe outside of my comfort zone
I'm trying to wrack my brain for something that was outside my comfort zone. I know that we tried many new recipes this year, but most were pretty easy or normal. When asking Loverboy, he responded with a Garlic Parmesan Salmon that we made for a double date. Correction: he and the other male counterpart made it while I and the female counterpart went shopping. :) So I can't really take credit for this one, but it did turn out really yummy!

#5. Repurpose something
I'm sure there's a better example of this, but this year I did paint a dresser and a side-table. I guess that's not really repurposing, but more refinishing. Again, Loverboy's two cents was that using our radiator as a stand for our TV the last month while the tree's been up counts as repurposing. I'm not so sure.

#6. Get a job 
Back in March I got hired as a part-time Graphic Designer for Bethlehem Baptist Church! I was able to start right after my stint with The Navigators when I moved to the cities in May and it has been such a blessing of God's provision and care. I get to work for a great place with great people, doing something that I really enjoy. Win/win/win (as Michael Scott would say). ;)

#7. Finish reading the Divergent Series (and see the movie)
After reading the first book and then hearing about others' opinions on the 2nd and 3rd, I kind of lost steam on this one. I have however seen the movie, not once, but twice, and do find it quite enjoyable, and am definitely looking forward to seeing Insurgent.

#10. Print something from Pinterest
I just accomplished this one! I printed "Our Year in Review" printables from the Dating Divas. They have some sweet [and pretty] sheets to fill out with your spouse and/or family to remember your year. The hubs and I will be doing this on a New Year's date we have planned.

#11. Purge my closet
I accomplished this last month when I participated in a Sunday School clothing swap... so I may have come home with just as many "new" things as I purged my closet of. I'm thinking it's about time to do this one again.

#14. Keep up with the blog
I think I've done a pretty decent job keeping up with the blog and writing pretty regularly. Some months were heavier on posts than others, but overall I feel good about this one!

The Bad
#8. Make an art journal, mini-album, or scrapbook
I certainly haven't done as much crafting as I wanted to this past year, but I think a lot of that is due to the fact that life was pretty busy and transitional (engagement, moving, new job, wedding planning, marriage, etc!). Plus, I just made a little rolling cart craft station so I'm hoping the convenience will inspire me to do more crafting!

#12. Memorize the TMS
I think out of all my hopes for 2014, this one was the most lofty and also required the most thought and planning, which just didn't happen. Oops. Maybe next year? :)

#13. Knit something
Another hope that just wasn't fulfilled due to business and lack of intention. Plus, I totally don't remember how to knit so I would have needed brush-up lessons. I'm not too heart-broken over it though.

What have you accomplished in 2014 that you're proud of? What have you maybe not done that you'd like to do this next year?

2 comments:

  1. i love this! real, concrete goals to look back on. i've been trying to think of a way to welcome in 2015 and i might have to do this 15 in 15 -- some to coincide with my 101 in 1001 list, but maybe some outside of it… but definitely goals that aren't like "be present" or "more patience" - things that can be marked as "done" or "not done" you know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! Lists with goals like "be present" and "more patience" are fun to write, but impossible to follow through with or measure. I'm all about the achievable, measurable goals! Plus, you can be as serious or light-hearted as you want with your goals. I love your 101 in 1001 list! You definitely have lots of big goals. Go get 'em, girl! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...