Monday, January 14, 2013

Urgency, not haste.


This is the last line of a Mumford and Sons song. And I find it so beautiful. This is how I want to love... with urgency, but not with haste.

I want people to know the Love of the Father, because it's the most important love they'll know. And it's urgent that they know it. I want to show it gently, and with passion. Quietly, and with shouts. Humbly, and as the only thing I can boast about.

I want to fill myself with this Love. Soak it in, drink it up, live in it. I want to depend on this Love more than any other love... any human love.

This Love. It's real. It's tender and fierce. It's the Love of a Father giving up His only son for us. For ME. It's a Love that was displayed for all mankind with urgency, but not with haste.

 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him."
--John 3:16-17


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...