Wednesday, April 18, 2012

New Neighbor Series: Why we sign off with "live loved." [Part 4]


I have never been a big fan of [Good-byes] 
Reason # one: They seem to leave this air of permanent absence.
Reason # two: I have always loved the quote…
                      
“Do not cry because it is over.  Smile because it happened”

Reason # three: Saying “see you later gator” never ceases to make me laugh



This leads me to explain the choice of our sign-off….

Why { LIVE LOVED }?

A couple of weeks ago, I stumbled across a video by Mike Donehey from Tenth Avenue North.  It hit me hard as I realized I how much I didn’t believe or understand that [He] loved me.  I started looking back at my reactions to situations, people and events that proved my disbelief true.  Talk about eye opening. 



There is truth in the fact that knowing that Jesus loves me changes everything.

When we live as if we truly believed that we are deeply loved by the Creator of all things created, by the Savior of the world, by the Lord of all, we are free. Free to be who we were created to be, free to live without regret or plagued by guilt, without care of what others think of us, free to just be. We are no longer pulled down by our insecurities or the lies of the enemy. We are free to relate to others out of the depths of our heart, rather than the surface of what we allow them to see. We are free to think good thoughts [about ourselves, others, and God] because we know that God is a loving God and that He loves me and the people I interact with. Living in the knowledge that we are loved by the Father brings freedom to every area of our lives…

so how will it change your life if you LIVE LOVED ?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...